I would love to do art that would be a lasting legacy for you and your loved ones. Here is how that happens:
1. Decide WHAT you want: an awesome painting for the living room, painting or drawing for greeting cards, or an illustration/painting for a publication. (Whatever you choose, know that I will use the finest "paper" for watercolor [it is actually 100% cotton] that is acid free and coated with a seal that will ensure many years of value. For acrylic or oil, I use the best material (usually stretched canvas) I can find plus the best acrylic or oil paint on the market).
2. Send me an email (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) with a concept or photo attachments of the person/pet/place you wish for me to paint.
3. I charge by the square inch of the final product (width x length =
square inch). For watercolor portraits it is $1.50 sq/in; pets $1.00 sq/in; landscapes
$.75 sq/in. (I am comfortable with small 3" x 3" or very large, mural-size works). I will
charge more per square inch for very small works simply. Ask me.
Acrylic (or oil) paintings: $2.00 sq/in; pets $1.25 sq/in; landscapes $.80 sq/in.
4. I will then send you a contract requiring 50% down (non-refundable). Upon receipt
of your down payment, I will do a drawing that is yours to keep. (See sample on this
4. Depending on the time of year and my schedule, allow me three weeks for a people
portrait and two weeks for a pet or place portrait. I will send you a "proof copy"
attachment. This is where you suggest changes.
5. Upon receipt of the total payment, I will complete and mail you the final product. Postage is additional and at cost.
I do watercolor, acrylic or oil paintings. I prefer watercolor or acrylic.